A year ago today was when you went awayBut now you come back knockin' on my doorAnd you say you're back to stay
Go cry on somebody else's shoulderI'm somewhat wiser nowAnd one whole year olderI sure don't need you nowAnd I don't love you anymoreYou cheated me babyAnd told some dirty lies about meFooled around with all those other guysThat's why I had to set you freeI sure don't need you nowAnd I don't love you anymore
A year ago today you went awayNow you come back cryin', cryin'Darling, please, let me inBut I don't love youI don't need you anymoreSo go lean on so go cry onSomebody else's door
Go cry on somebody else's shoulderI'm somewhat wiser nowAnd one whole year olderI sure don't need you now i don't love youAnymore
Go ahead and cry go ahead and let the tearsFall out of your eyeLet 'em fall on your dressWho cares if it makes a mess?I gave you my high school ringDown at the malt shop, babyWe had a teen-age loveI thought it was charpIt was really so grand butYou cheated me babyAnd told some dirty lies about meFooled around with all those other guysThat's why I had to get my khakis pressedI sure don't need you nowAnd I don't love you anymore(Well, I don't love you)
darling(IIII) is it any wonder(I don't need you)After the way you treated me at the malt shop(IIII)That I would come to the conclusion that(I don't want you)You never really did dig me anyway(Baby, baby) i don't know whether it wasThe amount of rose oilI use on my pompadour or
Whether it was, I don't knowWhether it was my shoes or my shirt(Oh, baby) maybe I didn't button theTop button or something (Oh, baby)Maybe it was the sticker on theBack of my black Cadillac limousineThat says Mary Poppins is a junkie