Enter Sandman

 [VERSE 1]
 
Em                       Am
Say your prayers, little one
 
Am                Em
Don't forget, my son
 
Em                G
To include everyone  
 
Em                  Am
I tuck you in, warm within
 
Am             Em
Keep you free from sin
 
Em                    G
Till the Sandman, he comes
 
[PRE-CHORUS]
(Legato/gently)
 
Am                         Am7
Sleep with one eye o-       pen

D   (x2)
 
N.C.
Gripping your pillow tight
 
[CHORUS]
 
Em                 G                  Em
Ex-             it                    light
  
Em                 G                D
En-           ter                 night
 
Em              G                   G
Take             my                    hand
 
Em                       N.C.
    Off                         to Never-Never Land
 
[INSTR BRIDGE]
 
Em  Am
Em  Am
Em  Am
G  Em
 
[VERSE 2]
 
Em            Am
Something's wrong, shut the light
 
Am           Em
Heavy thoughts to-   night
 
Em        G
And they aren't Snow White
 
Em                       Am
Dreams of war, dreams of lies
 
Am                Em
Dreams of dragon's fire
 
Em                    G
And of things that will bite
 
[PRE-CHORUS]
 
Am                  Am7
Sleep with one eye o-pen
 
D

 
N.C.
Gripping your pillow tight
 
[CHORUS]
 
Em    G                Em
Ex-    it                light
  
Em              G               D
 
En-             ter                    night
 
Em           G          G
Take       my         hand
 
Em   N.C.
Off           to Never-Never Land
 
[INSTR BRIDGE]
 
Em  Am
Em  Am
Em  Am
G  Em
 
[SPOKEN INTERLUDE]
  
Am
Now I lay me down to sleep
 
Em
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
 
Am
If I die before I wake
Em
I pray the Lord my soul to take
 
[VOCAL BRIDGE]
 
Em                 A
Hush, little baby; don't say a word
 
Em                 A
And never mind that noise you heard
 
Em                 A
It's just the beasts under your bed
 
 A                       C (sustain)
In your closet, in your head
 
[CHORUS]
 
Em              G                      Em
Ex-             it                      light
  
Em   G D
Enter                       night
 
Em   G
Take my         hand
Em                  N.C.
Off           to Never-Never Land
 
[OUTRO]
 
Em  Am
Em  Am
Em  Am